Promoting Positive Learning Environments (6732.5)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140713) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will examine a range of traditional theories and techniques for promoting positive learning environments in their classroom, and investigate new trends, issues and techniques, including: crossage tutoring; patterning positive classroom interactions; playground peer mediators (conflict resolution); working with parents; and managing attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and school refusal.
- Students will examine a range of traditional theories and techniques for promoting positive learning environments in their classroom, and investigate new trends, issues and techniques, including cross-age tutoring, patterning positive classroom interactions, playground peer mediators (conflict resolution), working with parents, and managing attention- deficit hyperactivity disorder and school refusal.
- Students will also examine special programs for managing more severe classroom problems, and the case management of classroom behaviour problems.
3 hrs per week.
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 204JA Bachelor of Education (Graduate Entry)
- 110JA Bachelor of Education (UC)/Bachelor of Asia-Pacific Studies (ANU)
- 109JA Bachelor of Education (UC)/Bachelor of Science (ANU)
- 866AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (3-8 Years)
- 446AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-8) (UC/CIT)
- 856AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood/Primary/Secondary Teaching Conversion
- 383AE Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching
- 789AA Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 433AC Bachelor of Education in Secondary Teaching (Music)
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 244JA Bachelor of Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- MJ0239 Major in International Education (Restricted)
- MJ0197 Major in Secondary Education
- MJ0118 Major in Teacher Education
- MJ0117 Major in Teacher Education (Secondary GE) (Restricted)
- MJ0156 Major in Teacher Education - Early Childhood
- MJ0210 Major in Teacher Professional Practice (Restricted)
- MN0102 Minor in Teacher Education (Conversion) (Restricted)
- MN0120 Minor in Teacher Education (Primary GE) (Restricted)