Discrete Mathematics G (6699.5)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Judith ASCIONE (Ph: +61 2 62012044 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Judith ASCIONE (Ph: +61 2 62012044 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193662) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185558) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181879) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166080) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150655) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140975) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit teaches the fundamental methods of discrete mathematics that underlie modern software engineering and information technology. Topics include logic, basic proof, induction, sets, functions, relations, automata, graphs, and trees. The unit provides students with a thorough understanding of the basic techniques, together with an introduction to applications, such as the RSA algorithm or correctness of algorithms.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts;
2. Compute with logic, sets, functions, relations, automata, graphs and trees;
3. Recognise the connections between proof and algorithmic thinking;
4. Apply the methods in straightforward real-life examples; and
5. Interpret and assess the real-life implications of these examples.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
A 2-hour lecture and a 2-hour tutorial per week.
Year 12 mathematics
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 354JA Master of Engineering
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology