High Speed Networks PG (6692.7)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MR Ibrahim ELGENDI (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200318) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193655) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185253) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181756) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (170009) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154397) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (147919) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Computer networking is undergoing a fundamental transformation. The use of optical fibre for data transmission has made Gigabit/sec communications networks feasible. This unit analysing interpret elements, organizational principles and internal relationships. The technology and software used to implement such high-speed networks will be also analysing.
The successful completion of this unit, the students will:
1. Develop specialised knowledge related to the building blocks and operation of high speed networking technology to research and analyse a network in terms of quality and liability of the individual components;
2. Determine related hardware and software components to meet the designed network; and
3. Analyse critically and reflect on the relations and interrelations of the designed network.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Work Integrated Learning
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 354JA Master of Engineering
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 974AA Master of Information Technology in Mainframe Computing (Advanced)
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)