Knowledge Management Systems PG (6688.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Dale KLEEMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012427 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (185642) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (181509) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (173827) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (152491) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152492) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (141206) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (141207) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the characteristics and applications of systems that support knowledge management at personal, group and corporate levels. It considers the electronic representation of knowledge, the components of systems that embody or support knowledge processing and the use and value of such systems. The business and system issues associated with the analysis, design, construction, deployment, management and evaluation of knowledge management systems are addressed.
The different forms of knowledge are critiqued in light of current research.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse personal and organisational situations in terms of theories of knowledge;
2. Analyse the knowledge needs of an organisational situation;
3. Select and apply appropriate systems components and design a knowledge management system; and
4. Critique different forms of knowledge in light of current research.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Winter Term, 2019
All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- Assignment 1: KM Concepts (15% )
- Online Quiz 1 & 2 (Quiz 1 = 7.5%, Quiz 2 = 7.5% )
- Assignment 2: Analysis of an organsational case study (25% )
- Assignment 3: Presentation- A Knowledge Management Solution (Online presentation = 10%, )
- Assignment 3: Documentation- A Knowledge Management Solution (Documentation = 35% )
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- Winter Term, 2018
- Winter Term, 2019
Completion of 9 credit points at graduate level.
It is assumed that you have considerable experience in the use of computers and have high level written, visual and oral communication skills.
- 882AA Graduate Certificate in Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (online)
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 884AA Master of Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (online)
- 957AA Master of Information Studies (online)
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 883AA Postgraduate Diploma in Forensic Studies in Forensic Science (online)
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)