IT and Business Alignment PG (6683.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Masoud MOHAMMADIAN (Ph: +61 2 62012917 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Masoud MOHAMMADIAN (Ph: +61 2 62012917 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194357) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185132) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181506) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166833) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153940) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (146408) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit addresses strategic issues relating to the adoption and use of information technology and systems in organisations. The unit explores business alignment, external and environmental issues, flexibility and responsiveness, value chains, and emerging trends in strategic IS management. Risks and resource issues are important aspects of strategic business and IS strategy. Ways of approaching a shared understanding of key processes include business systems thinking and IT-business relationship building and these approaches are included in this unit.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the role that business analysts play in IT and business alignment and facilitate IT and business alignment across an organisation;
2. Assist in the planning, design and implementation of alignment activities; and
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of strategic IS management.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Up to 39 hours per semester.
Completion of 9 credit points at graduate level.
Systems Project and Quality Management G or equivalent.