Information Security PG (6682.5)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Dale KLEEMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012427 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200447) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194355) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185130) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181500) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167064) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154761) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145857) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the information security threats and vulnerabilities of IT-based information systems. A risk management approach is used to develop an understanding of the policies, practices and technologies needed to provide for an appropriate level of security. Information security policy is considered and the various security needs, from managerial to technical, are examined in the context of current and future information systems.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand organisational information security practices;
2. Analyse and evaluate information security risks in personal and organisational situations and report on these evaluations as appropriate;
3. Participate in the design of information security requirements; and
4. Critique and explain information security issues in light of current research.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Work Integrated Learning
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 974AA Master of Information Technology in Mainframe Computing (Advanced)
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)