Systems Project and Quality Management G (6678.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Hamed SARBAZHOSSEINI (Ph: +61 2 62015009 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Hamed SARBAZHOSSEINI (Ph: +61 2 62015009 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194351) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185404) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185126) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181461) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181460) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167681) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166878) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151877) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154139) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140669) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145337) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the methods and issues in the management of projects. It is based on standards for project management and quality assurance. Topics include standard methodologies and techniques of project scoping, work breakdown analysis and monitoring, task estimating and scheduling; resource, risk and cost management and project closure and review. Interpersonal and group facilitation skills are an integral part of the unit. Ethics and professional practice are examined with the social impacts of IT.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Recommend project goals and potential solutions by analysing requirements;
2. Prepare, adapt and assess the quality of the various documents associated with project planning, cost, risk, monitoring, review and quality assurance;
3. Organise and communicate various project related concepts to stakeholders; and
4. Analyse group work and the social and ethical issues associated with project development.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
Up to 52 hours per semester.
6808 Software Engineering Practice G.