Designing Human-Computer Interaction G (6673.6)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Hamed SARBAZHOSSEINI (Ph: +61 2 62015009 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Hamed SARBAZHOSSEINI (Ph: +61 2 62015009 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194349) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185124) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181450) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167081) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154805) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides the theory and practices needed to design and specify the user requirements for the HCI aspects of an information system. Emphasis is placed on user-centred design - designing for use and user experience. Foundation knowledge of human perception and cognition is matched to emerging technological facilities and devices for information collection and expression. Relevant sections of Australian and other Standards and guidelines dealing with software quality management, software ergonomics and software usability are deployed in design. Design patterns, Web Information Architecture and how HCI design is implemented in programming are examined.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Undertake a human-computer interaction design project in a professional manner;
2. Conduct an evaluation of an HCI design or implementation in terms of the interaction of user types, situation of use and technology;
3. Specify use-cases and their implementation justified in terms of human and technological communication;
4. Apply policies and procedures from relevant guidelines and standards; and
5. Explain, using current research, the HCI issues raised by global systems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology