Database Design G (6672.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MS Yuting ZHAO (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Masoud MOHAMMADIAN (Ph: +61 2 62012917 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195650) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194348) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185402) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185123) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181403) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181402) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167457) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167080) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151239) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154804) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139493) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145604) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces a practical approach to the development and design of database systems. The emphasis is placed on relational database management systems, their design and implementation in a modern organisational environment. The use of modern query languages for relational databases is discussed and experienced. Conceptual, logical and physical database design issues are also covered. Other topics include client server database computing and database administration issues.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. List, describe, and illustrate the steps in a database system development life cycle;
2. Illustrate the inputs and outputs in that process, with an emphasis on data modelling;
3. Acquire data analysis skills;
4. Develop an appropriate set of data models for relational database implementation and evaluate these data models;
5. Demonstrate an understanding of theoretical concepts; and
6. Demonstrate the use of the SQL language in a database server environment.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
Up to 52 hours per semester.
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology