Masters of Laws Dissertation (6642.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, RESEARCH, BRUCE (179474) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, RESEARCH, BRUCE (178194) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, RESEARCH, BRUCE (167645) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
A candidate will be required to conduct research on an approved topic. This six credit point unit will require completion of a dissertation of between 10,000 and 12,000 words in length.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an ability to define and develop a legal research topic in depth;
2. State a thesis and build and support a sustained argument throughout a significant piece of legal scholarship;
3. Demonstrate ability to research and analyse legal bibliography and literature; and
4. Demonstrate an ability to follow a legal style guide; write with fluency, clarity and precision.
3 hours per week.
Entry requirements to the Masters Program.