Government and Corporate Contracting PG (6631.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MR Rob MACLEAN (Ph: ) INTENSIVE 2021 Semester 1 MS Jenny DUXBURY (Ph: ) INTENSIVE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (198511) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, EVENING, BRUCE (178038) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (166959) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (154407) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (145860) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, you will master the skills and knowledge required to apply the legal framework regulating government contracts. You will learn how to prevent and resolve legal disputes in a wide range of areas by acquiring a sound understanding of the distinct legal requirements and processes for government contracting, including procurement and tendering. You will learn how to manage a government contract from negotiation to agreement and resolve any potential disputes by developing skills of effective drafting and communication. The focus will be on your application of models and samples of government contracts to scenarios. You will also build an ePortfolio of evidence of you developing public service ethos.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate the professional role of government lawyers as they negotiate and manage contracts in the modern regulatory state;
2. Apply the legal framework for government and corporate contracting to solve problem scenarios with advanced cognitive, technical and communication skills; and
3. Demonstrate effective negotiation and drafting skills to develop a government contract suited to a problem scenario.
Workshops: 20 hours across the teaching period. Attendance may be on campus or synchronously online. Seminars: 16 hours across the teaching period. Attendance may be on campus, synchronously online or asynchronously through recordings.
- SCC201 Graduate Certificate in Government Law
- 551AA Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies
- 138JA Graduate Certificate in Strategic Procurement
- 018AA Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies
- 139JA Graduate Diploma in Strategic Procurement
- 852AA Master Degree Course in Juris Doctor
- 140JA Master of Business Administration in Strategic Procurement
- 284JA Master of Business Management