Introduction to Psychological Research (6611.3)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Pg Clinical Psychology) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Standard Course Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Standard Course Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180110) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164178) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151801) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (140559) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will be introduced to the research methods used in psychology. The unit covers: the research process, experimental and quasi-experimental methods; survey and correlational research; qualitative research; hypothesis testing; measurement; sampling and distributions; descriptive statistics; and statistical inference in terms of test and correlation. Students will also be introduced to using the statistical package SPSS.
On completion of this unit students will:
1. Have an understanding of the major types of research methods used in psychology and the advantages and disadvantages of each;
2. Be aware of some of the issues affecting the validity of research designs; and
3. Be able to enter data in SPSS and produce and interpret descriptive statistics, t-test and correlation.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
39 hours of classes per semester.
4309 Psychology 101 OR 4310 Psychology 102 OR 10444 Foundations of Psychology
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 830AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 148JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science