Strategic Financial Planning (6564.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145875) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 30/06/2015
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
The unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to develop more complex financial planning strategies for wealth creation, protection and preservation. Students will be able to evaluate alternative strategies and justify the appropriateness of recommendations in terms of meeting client needs. This unit is designed to meet the Australian Securities and Investments Commission requirements for knowledge, skills and integrity at an appropriate educational level relative to the types of activities graduates undertake.
1. Be able to demonstrate compliance with the legal and professional requirements.
2. Be able to explain the relevance of portfolio theory to constructing investment portfolios.
3. Be able to develop wealth creation strategies.
4. Be able to describe strategies for wealth protection.
5. Be able to explain the importance of wealth preservation in retirement.
6. Be able to explain the impact of economic, client and regulatory change on the effectiveness of strategies.