Advanced Financial Planning (6561.5)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/07/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 30/06/2009
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2014
The unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to prepare a best practice Statement of Advice, as well as implement and review recommendations made to clients. Students will have an understanding of the ethical, legal and professional requirements of providing comprehensive financial advice and be able to demonstrate effective client communication skills, conduct client and product research, and develop strategies for clients with unique needs. This unit is designed to meet the Australian Securities and Investments Commission requirements for knowledge, skills and integrity at an appropriate educational level relative to the types of activities graduates undertake.
1) the specific legal requirements governing the provision of financial advice in Australia and the preparation of Statements of Advice
2) demonstrate effective communication skills in dealing with clients
3) explain the importance of client and product research
4) evaluate financial strategies and products
5) develop best practice Statements of Advice
Normally thirty nine hours per semester.
Strategic Financial Planning