Survey Design and Analysis G (6558.5)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181729) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181728) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165767) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147074) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit deals with the design of surveys of the type often carried out by governments and private organisations, dealing with such topics as methods of sampling and questionnaire design. Some consideration is given to techniques of analysis but the emphasis is on design.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Determine the information that is required to produce an efficient design for a statistical survey;
2. Construct an efficient design for a statistical survey in such a way that an independent investigator would be clear about the procedure to be followed;
3. Design a questionnaire which is satisfactory for the intended purpose;
4. Determine methods for data collection and analysis;
5. Estimate parameters for simple surveys; and
6. Understand and use basic survey results in published material.
A 2-hour lecture and a 2-hour lab per week.
6554 Introduction to Statistics G OR 6275 Statistical Analysis & Decision Making G