Survey Design and Analysis (6547.5)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181708) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181707) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165911) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147109) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit deals with the design of surveys of the type often carried out by governments and private organizations, dealing with such topics as methods of sampling and questionnaire design. Some consideration is given to techniques of analysis but the emphasis is on design.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Determine the information that is required to produce an efficient design for a statistical survey;
2. Construct an efficient design for a statistical survey in such a way that an independent investigator would be clear about the procedure to be followed; and
3. Design a questionnaire which is satisfactory for the intended purpose.
A 2-hour lecture and a 2-hour lab per week.
6540 Introduction to Statistics OR 5123 Business Statistics OR 1809 Data Analysis in Science
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws