Nonparametric Statistics (6545.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
This unit deals with the analysis of data for which nonparametric methods are indicated. Topics include a revision of statistical inference; the analysis of categorical data using chi-square; and nonparametric methods for single samples and for two-sample comparisons.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Choose the appropriate statistical analysis, for a given data set, from a range of standard methods;
2. Choose the appropriate statistical analysis, for a given data set, from a range of standard methods;
3. Detect and allow for violations of the assumptions on which analyses are based; and
4. Present the results of analyses in a form which is suitable for publication.
4 hrs per week F2F.
Introduction to Statistics.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws