|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Shuangzhe LIU (Ph: +61 2 62012513 ) FLEXIBLE 2020 Semester 2 DR Shuangzhe LIU (Ph: +61 2 62012513 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (185527) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (181699) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (169994) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155012) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145706) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit deals with econometric models and their application to problems in business, economics, finance and other areas. The emphasis is on the practical issues concerned with specifying, estimating, testing and applying dynamic models using a computer package. Topics may include simple, multiple and time series regression, multicollinearity, heteroskedasticity, serial correlation and spurious correlation.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Formulate an appropriate dynamic model for data analysis;
2. Estimate the parameters of a dynamic model using a statistical computer package;
3. Test the parameters of a dynamic model using a statistical computer package;
4. Evaluate the validity of a dynamic model;
5. Apply and explain a technique for forecasting a variable of interest; and
6. Produce and interpret the results of analyses.
A 2-hour lecture and a 2-hour lab per week.
5123 Business Statistics OR 1809 Data Analysis in Science OR 6540 Introduction to Statistics
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws