Building Conservation (6527.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Arts & Humanities|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
The unit covers traditional building materials and techniques in the context of Australian architectural history and applies this theory and practice of heritage conservation to built forms.
1) understand the application of the Burra Charter to the conservation and management of built heritage
2) identify traditional building styles, forms, materials and techniques
3) recognise the major forms of deterioration in traditional buildings and understand their processes
4) document the condition of a traditional building in order to brief other professionals
Two hours of lectures, two hours of workshops or site visits a week.