Archaeology of Australia (6524.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Arts & Humanities|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
A of A explores the various kinds of archaeologies that have contributed to both our understanding and our mis-understanding of Australia s past as it impacts upon the present day society.
1. demonstrate knowledge of the key periods and themes of Australian archaeological research
2. understand the main research methods and techniques used by archaeologists in Australia
3. appreciate the cultural heritage significance of Australian archaeological sites
4. appreciate the social and cultural contexts for archaeological research and archaeological heritage management in Australia
Two hours of lectures, two hours of workshops each week.