Cultural Heritage Management (6523.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Arts & Humanities|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
The focus of the unit is an understanding of the theory and practice of cultural heritage management in Australia . Emphasis is placed upon the drafting of a professional level conservation plan for a place or collection of objects of significance.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the key components of the heritage management process
2. Apply the heritage management process to places, landscapes and collections
3. Assess cultural significance within a contextual understanding of society and culture
Two hours of lectures, two hours of workshops each week.