Paediatric Interventions PG (6458.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180825) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164590) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155928) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140417) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The aim of this unit is to apply the students understanding of the musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary and neurological systems, to the paediatric client. Developmental changes that occur from infancy through to adulthood in motor, musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary systems will be outlined, and issues related to assessment and intervention strategies in children with dysfunction in neurodevelopmental, musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary systems will be addressed.
This unit is co-taught with unit 8989 Paediatric Interventions.
At the completion of this unit students will:
1. Understand the developmental changes that occur from infancy through to adulthood in the neurodevelopmental, musculoskeletal and cardiothoracic systems;
2. Have developed strategies to allow effective assessment of children with dysfunction in neurodevelopmental, musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary systems;
3. Be able to use age appropriate Interventions specific to the child's needs;
4. Be ready to demonstrate the effective assessment and interpretation, planning, implementation and evaluation of intervention skills required for the practice of physiotherapy in children and adolescents under supervision; and
5. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into later clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC Trimester 2, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Six hours per week lecture/tutorial or equivalent.
6453 Musculoskeletal Interventions 2PG and 6455 Cardiothoracic Interventions 2PG and 6452 Neurological Interventions 1PG.
Enrolment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA