Musculoskeletal Interventions 3 PG (6457.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191753) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180819) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164589) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155927) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140419) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students learn to integrate their knowledge of the peripheral and spinal systems for the assessment, differential diagnosis and intervention for more complex musculoskeletal conditions. Students will be introduced to the principles of joint manipulation, and learn basic skills in this area. Students will further develop their clinical reasoning and practical skills, following a patient-centred approach.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Integrate a variety of clinical approaches to appropriately assess and manage patients with complex musculoskeletal conditions;
2. Apply methods of measuring the outcome of a variety of interventions; and
3. Demonstrate and integrate these competencies into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Physio Non Standard Period 2, 2019
- UC Trimester 2, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to four hours per week tutorial/practical work; up to 160 hours clinical placement over a year.
6453 Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 PG AND 8387 Electrophysical Agents PG AND 6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 PG AND 6452 Neurological Interventions 1 PG.
Enrolment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA