Neurological Interventions 2 PG (6456.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Elisabeth PRESTON (Ph: +61 2 62015749 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC Trimester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189523) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180818) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164588) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155926) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140413) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers the rehabilitation for specific neurological conditions. The pathology, and impairments, recovery and prognosis with common neurological conditions will be studied. Skills in assessment, analysis, interpretation, treatment and exercise selection and implementation will be developed further. Written and verbal communication skills will be fostered. Roles of other health professionals in client management will be explored.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply and evaluate effective and safe assessment and measurement outcomes for the physiotherapy management of people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions;
2. Interpret and analyse assessment and measurement findings to ensure effective and safe physiotherapy intervention planning for people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions;
3. Evaluate and employ effective and safe physiotherapy intervention for people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions;
4. Crtique and apply knowledge and evidence related to the physiotherapy management of people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions; and
5. Choose and employ appropriate communication and professional behaviours in the context of physiotherapy for people with progressive and/or complex neurological conditions.
An average of 4.5 hours/week of lecture and tutorial work.
6452 Neurological Interventions 1PG AND
6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 PG AND
6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 PG.
Enrolment in 768AA Master of Physiotherapy.