Neurological Interventions 2 PG (6456.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 UC Trimester 2 DR Elisabeth PRESTON (Ph: +61 2 62015749 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Elisabeth PRESTON (Ph: +61 2 62015749 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC Trimester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189523) - View
- UC Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180818) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164588) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155926) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140413) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers the rehabilitation for specific neurological conditions. The pathology, and impairments, recovery and prognosis with common neurological conditions will be studied. Skills in assessment, analysis, interpretation, treatment and exercise selection and implementation will be developed further. Written and verbal communication skills will be fostered. Roles of other health professionals in client management will be explored.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Students will understand the pathology of neurological disorders and how this influences recovery and prognosis of motor and sensory impairments;
2. The student will be able to plan and implement selective assessment tasks for a client with a neurological condition, develop and implement a client oriented treatment plan, with appropriate goals and demonstrate planned progression to discharge;
3. The student will use appropriate resources to select best practice and evidence based treatments and select appropriate outcome measures to monitor interventions;
4. Additionally the student will be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and understand the relevance of medical findings and pharmacological influences; and
5. These competencies will be demonstrated in and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC Trimester 2, 2019
- UC Trimester 2, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
An average 2.5 hours per week tutorial/practical work and four hours on-line learning. Up to 160 hours clinical placement over a year.
6452 Neurological Interventions 1PG AND 6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 PG AND 6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 PG.
Enrolment in Master of Physiotherapy 768AA