Cardiothoracic Interventions 2 PG (6455.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Nicole FREENE (Ph: +61 2 62015550 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Nicole FREENE (Ph: +61 2 62015550 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191751) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180817) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164600) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155912) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Using a problem solving approach this unit further develops the students knowledge and skills in the assessment and management of patients with acute cardiac and respiratory dysfunction. Specific issues relating to clinical and professional practice in the intensive care and acute care environment are examined. The principles of exercise testing, prescription and training will be applied to patients who have cardiac and pulmonary limitations to exercise, as well as to the normal population as a component of health promotion.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrated effective: a. assessment, b. interpretation, c. planning, d. implementation and e. evaluation of intervention skills, required for the practice of physiotherapy in the acute care environment; and
2. Prescribe appropriate exercise interventions using the principles of exercise testing, prescription and training as applied to patients who have: a. cardiac and b. respiratory limitations to exercise, c. as well as to the normal population as a component of health promotion.
These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019
- UC Trimester 1, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; two hours per week tutorial/practical work; up to 160 hours clinical placement over a year.
6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1PG and 6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 and 7786 Neuromuscular Interventions PG.
Enrolment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA, and 6452, Neurological Interventions 1.