Cardiothoracic Interventions 2 PG (6455.5)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Bernie BISSETT (Ph: +61 2 62068657 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200520) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198760) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191751) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180817) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164600) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155912) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Using a problem solving approach this unit further develops the students knowledge and skills in the assessment and management of patients with acute cardiac and respiratory dysfunction. Specific issues relating to clinical and professional practice in the intensive care and acute care environment are examined. The principles of exercise testing, prescription and training will be applied to patients who have cardiac and pulmonary limitations to exercise, as well as to the normal population as a component of health promotion.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competency in assessment, interpretation, planning, implementation and evaluation of interventions, required for the practice of physiotherapy in the acute care environment; and
2. Design appropriate exercise interventions using the principles of exercise testing, prescription and training as applied to patients who have cardiac and/or respiratory limitations to exercise, as well as to the normal population as a component of health promotion.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
Up to 6 hours per week of lecture and tutorial content.
11505 Orthopaedic Physiotherapy PG AND 11552 Essential Physiotherapy Skills PG AND 6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1 PG AND 6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 PG
Enrolment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA AND 6452 Neurological Interventions 1.