Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 PG (6453.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Jamie GAIDA (Ph: +61 2 62068657 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Jamie GAIDA (Ph: +61 2 62068657 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191749) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180815) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164599) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155911) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the human spine following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common spinal disorders. Students will continue to develop the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Be able to undertake a subjective and objective patient assessment and from this information plan and implement an appropriate treatment program. Students will have a systematic approach to interpreting medical images, and reading and interpreting reports.
2. Develop knowledge and skills in effective selection, safe implementation and use of a range of interventions will be further developed. Students will be able to apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019
- UC Trimester 1, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017
Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Research report Either lumbar spine (week 4) or cervical spine (week 10) Students have an opportunity to choose which assignment they will complete (within 24-hours after the first lecture) (20% )
- Practical viva Viva 1: Lumbar spine, sacroiliac joint, and pelvis Viva 2: Cervical and thoracic spine, and rib cage (Viva 1: 10% (hurdle) Viva 2: 15% (hurdle) )
- Written examination (2 hours) (30% (hurdle) )
- Clinical placement – work integrated learning (25% (hurdle) )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to four hours per week tutorial/practical work; up to 160 hours clinical placement over a year.
6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1PG and 7786 Neuromuscular Interventions PG and 6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1P.
Enrollment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA AND 6452 Neurological Interventions 1