Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 PG (6453.6)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Jaquelin BOUSIE (Ph: +61 2 62012035 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198757) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191749) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180815) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164599) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155911) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the human spine following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common spinal disorders. Students will continue to develop the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Perform subjective and objective patient assessments;
2. Measure and evaluate assessment information to formulate and implement appropriate treatment programs;
3. Appraise and employ knowledge and skills in the effective selection, application, and safe implementation of a range of interventions; and
4. Determine the success of interventions implemented in patient care and reflect on physiotherapy practice.
Two hours per week lecture or equivalent; four hours per week tutorial/practical work.
6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1 PG AND
11505 Orthopaedic Physiotherapy PG AND
7786 Neuromuscular Interventions PG AND
6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1P
Enrolment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA AND 6452 Neurological Interventions 1