Neurological Interventions 1 PG (6452.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MRS Niru MAHENDRAN (Ph: +61 2 62068567 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191779) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180814) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164598) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155910) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers the theoretical and practical assessment of normal and abnormal functional movement including gait, posture, bed transfers and upper limb function in the context of brain injury. The roles of cognitive, sensory and environmental factors will be explored. Motor control theory will be applied to movement and rehabilitation. Various approaches to neurological rehabilitation will be compared. Physiotherapy management of impairments associated with common neurological conditions will be introduced.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply and evaluate effective and safe assessment and measurement outcomes for the physiotherapy management of people with common neurological conditions;
2. Interpret and analyse assessment and measurement findings to ensure effective and safe physiotherapy intervention planning for people with common neurological conditions;
3. Critically evaluate and apply effective and safe physiotherapy intervention for people with common neurological conditions;
4. Critique and apply knowledge and evidence related to the physiotherapy management of people with common neurological conditions; and
5. Appropriately select and employ communication and professional behaviours in the context of physiotherapy for people with common neurological conditions.
Up to 5.5 hours of lecture or tutorial work a week.
6449 Musculoskeletal Interventions 1P AND
7786 Neuromuscular Interventions PG AND
6447 Cardiothoracic Interventions 1P
Enrolment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA