Professional Accounting (6416.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 20/07/2004 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2015
This unit extends the material covered in company accounting and introduces new theoretical and practical material relevant to professional accountants working in financial reporting and auditing fields. Topics include advanced issues in consolidation accounting, financial instruments, liabilities, leases, equity accounting and reporting by business and government entities.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply accounting regulations to multinational corporate groups;
2. Compare and contrast the financial reporting of corporations and governments;
3. Analyse specific accounting standards and interpretations to identify where they facilitate off-balance sheet financing and earnings management; and
4. Critically evaluate financial reporting in Australia.
Normally thirty nine hours per semester.