International Economics (6408.5)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Government & Policy|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177731) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166675) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (157588) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146079) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit comprises a study of the principles of international trade, and their application to the Australian economy. Topics include a survey of the theories of international trade; the economic effects of protection; the analysis of the balance of Payments; policy projections for external and internal balance; capital flows and foreign investment; the rate of exchange; the problem of international liquidity; international monetary institutions; international trade and development; customs, unions, and trade liberalisation.
Building on Intermediate Microeconomic and Macroeconomic theory, students will be able to:
1. Analyse both different theories of international trade and Macroeconomic problems faced by open economies;
2. Evaluate the assumptions underpinning these different theories of international trade and use this knowledge to identify an appropriate theory to answer a particular question; and
3. Analyse advanced Macroeconomics models including the Dornbusch exchange rate overshooting model.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
Normally thirty nine hours per semester.
Intermediate Macroeconomics; Intermediate Microeconomics.
- 943AA Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 999AA Bachelor of Applied Economics / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 946AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Management
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 286JA Bachelor of Economic Studies (online)
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 145JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce