Human Resource Economics (6385.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (147941) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The aim of this unit is to provide students with the methods used by economists to analyse human resource issues within organisations and the ways in which human resource decisions influence labour market outcomes . The emphasis will be on professional and policy related issues in Australia and overseas.
On completion of this unit:
1. Students will be able to understand the economic principles explaining how markets for human resources work in Australia and overseas;
2. Students will understand the major determinants of employment, unemployment and the distribution of income within a country;
3. Students will identify and understand the major policy issues affecting labour markets such as migration, employment protection, discrimination, and the role of trade unions;
4. Students will understand how pay and incentives schemes can enhance workforce productivity for different types of jobs and organisations.
Normally thirty nine hours per semester.
Introduction to Economics.
- 999AA Bachelor of Applied Economics / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce
- MJ0005 Major in Applied Economics
- MJ0014 Major in Business Management (Restricted)
- MJ0037 Major in Economics (Restricted)
- MJ0052 Major in Human Resource Management (Restricted)
- MN0001 Minor in Applied Economics
- MN0016 Minor in Business Economics
- MN0035 Minor in Economic Policy
- MN0036 Minor in Economics