Intermediate Macroeconomics (6383.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179142) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167539) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151469) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139914) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit extends the material covered in Money, Employment and Growth. It examines the various components of the IS/LM model including consumption, investment, the demand and supply of money and the effects of fiscal and monetary policy. Other topics covered are aggregate supply and demand analysis, macroeconomic policy for the open economy under alternative exchange rate regimes, economic growth and the problems of inflation and unemployment.
Building on previous Macroeconomic knowledge, students will be able to:
1. Analyse competing Macroeconomic theories;
2. Identify the importance of the assumptions underpinning these different theories; and
3. Apply their knowledge to analyse Australian Macroeconomic policy.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Normally thirty nine hours per semester.
10083 Money, Employment and Growth OR 9519 Foundations of Macroeconomics
- 943AA Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 999AA Bachelor of Applied Economics / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 946AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Management
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 286JA Bachelor of Economic Studies (online)
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 145JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce