Intermediate Microeconomics (6382.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177853) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166793) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153815) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145987) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will focus on the development and application of microeconomic principles. The theoretical component will consolidate and extend the material presented in first year, covering the areas of consumer and producer behaviour in competitive and non-competitive environments, market failure and the role of government; industry structure, conduct and performance.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the basic assumptions underlying the model of consumer behaviour;
2. Analyse how consumers make an optimal choice given the budget constraint they face;
3. Distinguish between different production functions and evaluate the optimal combination of inputs for firms given the technology of production and input cost;
4. Evaluate the strategic decision making by different economic agents using game theory; and
5. Understand how asymmetric information in a market affects efficiency.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
Normally thirty nine hours per semester.
6355 Introduction to Economics OR 9518 Foundations of Microeconomics
9538 Intermediate Microeconomics
9538 Intermediate Microeconomics
- 943AA Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 999AA Bachelor of Applied Economics / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 946AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Management
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 286JA Bachelor of Economic Studies (online)
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 145JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce