Marketing Research Methods (6372.7)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179587) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167217) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (156881) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139409) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce students to the lesser complexities of the research process, survey design techniques, the use and sources of secondary data, and the use of qualitative research including focus groups in marketing research. Students will also be introduced to various research techniques including survey research, observation and experiments.
1. Identify research problems, develop a research proposal for that problem and recommend appropriate research methodology.
2. The basic skills needed to conduct simple marketing research themselves.
3. How to calculate population estimates and parameters and hypothesis testing using SPSS.
4. Design and implement questionnaires.
5. Calculate research results and draw management relevant implications.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2018
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2018
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
6357 Introduction to Marketing OR 9521 Foundations of Marketing
- 182JA Bachelor of Accounting
- 943AA Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 183JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy
- 761AA Bachelor of Business Administration
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 208JA Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 279JA Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 184JA Bachelor of Finance
- 164HG Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 185JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 186JA Bachelor of International Business
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 248JA Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 394AA Bachelor of Management
- 830AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 187JA Bachelor of Marketing Management
- 235JA Bachelor of Marketing Management/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 124JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce
- 210JA Bachelor of Public Administration
- 188JA Bachelor of Social Science
- 688HG Bachelor of Sports Management