Managers & the Law G (6259.4)
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This subject provides an introduction to the Australian legal systems. Its particular focus is the way in which law influences business decision-making. The areas which are dealt with in the subject are the nature of law and the legislative and judicial process; the common law principles of contract law and the effect of statutory intervention on those principles; the concept of liability; and the law's approach to the organisation of business. The course will also deal with selected topics drawn from the areas of financial institutions, taxation, insurance, consumer protection and competition.
- In being sensitised to the legal dimension of decision-making students will be introduced to the legal process and will learn the legal research skills appropriate for a non-lawyer. They will also learn about specific areas of the law relevant to conducting business. Of particular importance is that they will be better able to recognise the legal significance of matters and events.
At least 39 hours per semester.
- 764AA Executive Master of Public Administration
- 725AA Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- 725AB Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (intensive)
- 551AA Graduate Certificate in Legal Studies
- 736AA Graduate Certificate in Management
- 739AA Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- 739AD Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (ACT)
- 724AA Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- 724AC Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Ningbo)
- 724AB Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (intensive)
- 727AA Graduate Diploma in International Business
- 727AB Graduate Diploma in International Business (Intensive)
- 018AA Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies
- 735AA Graduate Diploma in Management
- 738AA Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- 723AB Master of Business Administration (intensive)
- 726AA Master of International Business
- 734AA Master of Management
- 760AA Master of Marketing Management
- 972AA Master of Public Administration / Master of Management