Management Accounting PG (6253.4)
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197597) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (187249) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, EVENING, BRUCE (179328) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (167568) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (166988) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (151518) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (154505) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (140032) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (145883) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit builds on both fundamental and modern management accounting techniques and also focuses on recent developments of management accounting practices through reflecting critically on the research-informed theoretical aspects of such developments. Ethical issues related to management accounting profession and practices are embedded throughout the unit.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Explain the environment in which a company operates and identify the value-chain participants and associated activities;
2. Analyse fundamental management accounting techniques together with more recent developments in the field;
3. Apply management accounting skills in different organisational decision making contexts;
4. Interpret data, analyse reports, and present and defend proposals they have constructed; and
5. Apply an advanced body of management accounting knowledge in professional practice contexts and justify and interpret theoretical propositions relating to management accounting practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
39 hours of classroom and structured learning per semester.
6221 Accounting for Managers G OR 11396 Business Decision Making G