Management Accounting PG (6253.5)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Monir MIR (Ph: +61 2 62015841 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197597) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (187249) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, EVENING, BRUCE (179328) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (167568) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (166988) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (151518) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (154505) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (140032) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (145883) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit builds on both fundamental and modern management accounting techniques and also focuses on recent developments of management accounting practices through reflecting critically on the research-informed theoretical aspects of such developments. Ethical issues related to management accounting profession and practices are embedded throughout the unit.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Explain the environment in which a company operates and identify the value-chain participants and associated activities;
2. Analyse fundamental management accounting techniques together with more recent developments in the field;
3. Apply management accounting skills in different organisational decision making contexts;
4. Interpret data, analyse reports, and present and defend proposals they have constructed; and
5. Apply an advanced body of management accounting knowledge in professional practice contexts and justify and interpret theoretical propositions relating to management accounting practice.
39 hours of classroom and structured learning per semester.
6221 Accounting for Managers G OR 11396 Business Decision Making G
- MGC001 Graduate Certificate in Accounting
- 725AA Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- 725AB Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (intensive)
- 730AA Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
- MGG001 Graduate Diploma in Accounting
- 724AA Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- 724AC Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Ningbo)
- 724AB Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (intensive)
- 727AA Graduate Diploma in International Business
- 727AB Graduate Diploma in International Business (Intensive)
- 729AA Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 723AB Master of Business Administration (intensive)
- 969AA Master of Business Administration / Master of Professional Accounting
- 726AA Master of International Business
- 297JA Master of Professional Accounting
- 728AA Master of Professional Accounting
- 966AA Master of Professional Accounting (Extended)