International Marketing PG (6244.8)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Ali QUAZI (Ph: +61 2 62015462 ) EVENING
UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 MBA Trimester 3 Ms Petra BOUVAIN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, EVENING, BRUCE (198191) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, EVENING, BRUCE (190440) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, EVENING, BRUCE (178182) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (167096) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (154883) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (145917) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
You will critically evaluate globalisation issues for businesses and organisation in a fast-changing economy. Marketing strategies of Australian small to medium enterprises as well as multinational firms are examined using case studies from around the world. You will analyse multinational trade and Australian business involvement. International marketing strategies, product policy, pricing, channels of distribution, and international advertising will be critically evaluated as well as issues in international marketing research and marketing information systems. The preparation of an international marketing plan enables you to translate theory into practice.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain and illustrate the marketing principles that are commonly used in the field of international marketing
2. Critically evaluate and explain the challenges that organisations face in different cultural settings
3. Identify and recommend suitable strategies that lead to sustainable competitive advantages globally.
4. Critically analyse the modifications to the marketing mix that are required to be made by businesses and organisations to operate successfully internationally.
5. Examine opportunities for entrepreneurial and indigenous ventures to operate internationally
6. Develop a professional international marketing plan.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2020
- Blended Delivery Requiring On-Campus Attendance on Evenings (EVENING)
- Semester 1, 2020
3 hours per week.
6261 Marketing G.
11182 International Marketing;
6380 International Marketing.
- 725AA Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- 725AB Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (intensive)
- 740AA Graduate Certificate in Marketing
- 090AA Graduate Diploma in Applied Economics
- 724AA Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- 724AC Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Ningbo)
- 724AB Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (intensive)
- 727AA Graduate Diploma in International Business
- 727AB Graduate Diploma in International Business (Intensive)
- 741AA Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- 723AA Master of Business Administration
- 723AL Master of Business Administration (Bhutan)
- 723AE Master of Business Administration (Ningbo)
- MGM102 Master of Business Administration (Plus)
- 723AF Master of Business Administration (Shanghai)
- 723AB Master of Business Administration (intensive)
- 967AA Master of Business Administration / Master of International Business
- 968AA Master of Business Administration / Master of Marketing Management
- 284JA Master of Business Management
- 726AA Master of International Business
- MGM401 Master of International Business
- 965AA Master of International Business (Extended)
- 971AA Master of International Business / Master of Marketing Management
- MGM301 Master of Marketing Management
- 760AA Master of Marketing Management