Community Devel't Principles & Practice (5784.9)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182413) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (171180) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151365) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139738) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The aim of this unit is to introduce students to different philosophies and practices which underpin community development in local, regional, national and international contexts. The unit will explore the range of knowledge skills and abilities community development workers need to resource and empower their own or other communities.
1. express knowledge, ideas and opinions in their professional field, both orally and in written form, with confidence and clarity
2. present arguments and ideas effectively
3. actively listen and respond to the ideas of other people;
4. negotiate effectively
5. create and present new ideas
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2018
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Overview of Assessment Items Assessment Item 1. In class tests Weighting 40% Due date Weeks 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 Assessment Item 2 Peer presentation in tutorials and short reflective essay Weighting 60% Due date Weeks 10, 11, 12 and13 ()
- In class tests during tutorials (40% Each of the 5 tests will be marked out of 10 and the 4 best marks will be the final grade for this assessment item. )
- Assessment Item 2 Peer Group Presentation (A) and Individual Reflective Essay (B) (Part A 35% - group presentation of 40 minutes maximum duration Part B 25% - Individual short essay of 1000 words )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2018
One hour lecture and two hour tutorial.
Advocacy and Inclusion or the permission of the unit convener or enrolment in course 158JA Bachelor of Public Health.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 158JA Bachelor of Public Health
- 150JA Bachelor of Social and Community Studies
- 151JA Bachelor of Social and Community Studies/Bachelor of Social Science in Justice Studies
- 956AA Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning