Spanish 1a:Language & Culture (4874.8)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2002 End Date: 31/12/2005
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/1998 End Date: 31/12/2000
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2001 End Date: 31/12/2001
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 6 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 8 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 7 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
The primary goal of this unit is to develop proficiency in students communication skills. The unit provides both oral and written exercises and activities which will give students the opportunity to develop their ability to understand and speak everyday Spanish so they can interact in this language as naturally and as spontaneously as possible. This unit is intended for students with no or very little prior knowledge of Spanish. If you know some Spanish you must contact the Lecturer in Charge.
- use their communication skills in Spanish with a relative degree of proficiency. They should be able to understand a basic conversation and to communicate in everyday Spanish as naturally and as spontaneously as possible. They should be able to use the basic grammatical structures when writing a composition in Spanish.
- Through language acquisition students also gain insights in the various aspects of the Hispanic cultural traditions, customs and values. This cultural component will be developed by gradually exposing and immersing students into this vibrant Culture through weekly readings and activities that deal with the ways its people confront life every day and with the artistic, literary and other cultural expressions that they have developed through the years.
Four hours face-to-face and one hour online engagement.