Chinese 1b:Language & Culture (4852.8)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 6 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 8 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 7 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/1998 End Date: 31/12/2000
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2001 End Date: 31/12/2001
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2002 End Date: 31/12/2005
This subject builds on the groundwork laid in the previous subject, by extending the range and complexity of grammatical patterns, of vocabulary, and of the social and cultural situations in which they are typically applied. The repertoire of characters is also steadily increased, so that students can write and read what they cay say. The use of basic dictionaries and some simple translation techniques are introduced.
1. produce and understand longer utterances in more complex social situations;
2. be able to recognise and use a further 400 characters;
3. be able to use basic dictionaries;
4. have increased their understanding of the sociocultural background of Chinese-speaking countries and regions.
Four hours face-to-face and one hour online engagement.
Chinese 1A Language & Culture.