Language Education 1 (4793.8)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139375) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This subject will explore issues in education with a particular emphasis on reading within the context of literacy development in general.
1. Analyse and implement pedagogical practices concerned with the teaching of literacy, and reading in particular (from preschool to year 6);
2. Analyse and assess reading development;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of diversity in students' language backgrounds and abilities, and a familiarity with strategies for responding to various literacy needs, including needs of reluctant readers, ESL and Indigenous background children; and
4. Identify language features of various text types used in early and primary literacy education.
Up to four hours or equivalent a week.
BEd (Primary Teaching) Literacy for Teachers, BEd (Early Childhood Teaching) (Content equivalent to Literacy for Teachers will be covered in the CIT component of the course).
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 204JA Bachelor of Education (Graduate Entry)
- 866AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (3-8 Years)
- 446AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-8) (UC/CIT)
- 788AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 383AE Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching
- 789AA Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies