Professional Practice: WIL Studio 3 (11574.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MR Max MAXWELL (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Winter Term MR Max MAXWELL (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198597) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198596) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will further develop their disciplinary skills and understanding in a Studio learning environment of exploration and iterative design processes. The Studio aims to enhance learning frameworks and engagement with professional modes of practice. Projects may include a 'competition' project opportunity drawn from local or international design contexts, a 'live' project, or a 'simulated' work integrated learning project undertaken in relation to Industry, community and professional interfaces. The Studio will address emerging issues and concerns within contemporary practice contexts.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate developing design skills and application within their disciplinary area;
2. Critically analyse and interrogate project scope with rigour and focus;
3. Creatively explore possible design responses to complex issues and concerns; and
4. Engage with industry, community and professional contexts to further their disciplinary understanding and knowledge.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
Design Studio with tutors up to 4 hours per week on campus.
Students must have passed 36 credit points in the core course discipline including:
(11014 BE: Analysis Studio AND
11020 BE: Design Studio OR 11023 Architecture Studio 1)
11050 Design for Medium-Complexity
Successful completion of year 1 and year 2 Studio units in Built Environment and Design disciplines.
8399 Design Studio 3.1 (Architecture) OR 8316 Design Studio 3.1 (Industrial Design) OR 9268 Design Studio 3.1 (Interior Architecture) OR 8719 Design Studio 3.1 (Landscape Architecture)
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB201 Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design)
- ARB202 Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)
- ARB203 Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- ABB001 Bachelor of the Built Environment (Architecture)
- ABB002 Bachelor of the Built Environment (Interior Architecture)
- ABB003 Bachelor of the Built Environment (Landscape Architecture)