BGL Research Internship (11571.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Raymond LI (Ph: +61 2 62015211 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Winter Term DR Raymond LI (Ph: +61 2 62015211 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 1 DR Raymond LI (Ph: +61 2 62015211 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 2 PROF Linda BOTTERILL (Ph: +61 2 62012435 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (192696) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (192695) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, you undertake an internship placement of a minimum of 90 hours under the supervision of a University of Canberra researcher. Participants will gain exposure to, and be involved in, the processes of planning and undertaking research. Under direction, you conduct a small research project which contributes to the work of a UC researcher or team of researchers. You will also prepare and present a seminar presentation to share observations and experiences with the unit convener and other students at the end of the teaching period. The project may involve working with an external research partner.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Contribute to the design, planning and management of a real-world research project under supervision;
2. Negotiate and collaborate with stakeholders in a research project;
3. Undertake analysis and critical evaluation in a project context; and
4. Communicate research findings effectively individually or in groups to peers and other researchers, verbally and in writing.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
This internship involves a minimum of 90 hours averaged over the teaching period.
Students must have passed either 11236 Investigating and Explaining Society OR 11272 Law and Justice Research Project.
Students must also have passed 24 credit points with a GPA of at least 5.5.
Permission is required from the Unit Convener to enrol.
- ARSC03 Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- ARSC02 Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC02 Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB001 Bachelor of Justice Studies
- SCNP01 Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies
- SCB101 Bachelor of Laws
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCB201 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- SCSC01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Laws
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCB301 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Economic Policy)
- SCB302 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Sociology)