Leadership in Sport (11566.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Catherine ORDWAY (Ph: +61 2 62012516 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192632) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to foster an understanding of leadership within the sport industry and the role of sport diplomacy in supporting the development of economies and communities. Key areas of discussion will include the nexus of sport and politics, the role of sport diplomacy within the international arena; sport integrity and developing industry confidence; along with overall strategic organisational planning.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and contextualise the principles of leadership and culture;
2. Communicate the broad conceptual principles of sport diplomacy and how they are applied in supporting the development of economies and communities;
3. Assess and implement strategic planning principles to further develop sport within a club or state-based organisation; and
4. Critically evaluate sport integrity and explain its relevance in assuring community confidence, regulatory obligations and best practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour workshop on campus per week.
Students must have passed at least 36 credit points.
Introductory knowledge of governance, policy, and integrity.
9375 Strategic Sport Management
- MGB108 Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business