Leadership in Sport (11566.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS Catherine ORDWAY (Ph: +61 2 62012516 ) ON-CAMPUS
This unit is designed to foster an understanding of leadership within the sport industry and the role of sport diplomacy in supporting the development of economies and communities. Key areas of discussion will include the nexus of sport and politics, the role of sport diplomacy within the international arena; sport integrity and developing industry confidence; along with overall strategic organisational planning.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and contextualise the principles of leadership and culture;
2. Communicate the broad conceptual principles of sport diplomacy and how they are applied in supporting the development of economies and communities;
3. Assess and implement strategic planning principles to further develop sport within a club or state-based organisation; and
4. Critically evaluate sport integrity and explain its relevance in assuring community confidence, regulatory obligations and best practice.
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour workshop on campus per week.
Students must have passed at least 36 credit points.
Introductory knowledge of governance, policy, and integrity.
9375 Strategic Sport Management
- MGB108 Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business