Stakeholder Engagement in Sport (11560.1)
|Level:||Introductory Unit Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Stirling SHARPE (Ph: +61 2 62012986 ) ON-CAMPUS
Stakeholders in sport take many forms and are serviced in different ways. This unit examines the Australian sport delivery system and the associated major stakeholders. Relationships between sporting organisations and stakeholders are explored and contextually analysed. Major stakeholders include the volunteer backbone of Australian sport; sponsoring businesses, media, government, and advocacy groups. Communication methods from sport organisations to their members and other parties are also examined.
Particular attention toward managing expectations between organisations within the sport delivery system to create strategic alliance and cohesion.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the stakeholders involved in the delivery of sport in Australia and the roles that they perform;
2. Describe volunteer stakeholder relationships, servicing requirements, and interactions;
3. Identify strategies to recruit, retain, and reward volunteer contribution to sport;
4. Develop a communications plan ready for implementing in a sporting organisation;
5. Describe sport organisations' obligations in maintaining sponsor relationships, servicing, and other interactions;
6. Interpret the influence of government on sport organisations; and
7. Explain the importance of the sport and media relationship to the ongoing promotion of sport.
One 1 hour lecture and one 2 hour workshop on campus per week.
9374 Sport Sponsorship and Public Relations
- MGB108 Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business