Clinical Physiotherapy 1 G (11554.1)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Summer Semester DR Irmina NAHON (Ph: +61 2 62012161 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Summer Semester, 2020/21, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (203526) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (198522) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit involves clinical placement which will give students the opportunity to learn and demonstrate competency in the generic skills and attributes of physiotherapy professionals as well as the specific clinical skills across the core areas of physiotherapy in managing clients across the lifespan in a range of environments and settings. Students will apply the theory, understanding and skills of the past years study to the clinical practice of physiotherapy. Students will be placed in clinical environments, including but not limited to public, private, acute care, rehabilitation or community health care settings. Students will begin to develop independent clinical practice, while still under close supervision.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate consistent professional behaviour, including understanding of patients' rights, good teamwork and commitment to learning;
2. Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in the clinical context demonstrating emerging skills in clinical communication;
3. Perform a simple clinical assessment using appropriate and valid tools;
4. Analyse assessment findings to identify the patient's main problem in context of current research, and to set basic treatment goals;
5. Select and apply effective treatment based on patient goals based on the patient's main problem;
6. Demonstrate emerging skills in the ability to reflect 'in practice' and 'on practice' and reflect on the learning journey;
7. Identify and minimise risks in the healthcare context; and
8. Begin to think critically and demonstrate some insight into decisions in health care systems from an ethical, resource, and scientific perspective.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Summer Semester, 2020/21
Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
Clinical placement in a health care setting - 187.5 hours.
Must have passed 36 credit points in the Master of Physiotherapy course including:
11553 Applied Physiotherapy Skills PG AND
6456 Neurological Interventions 2 PG AND
11551 Physiotherapy Across the Lifespan PG
All physiotherapy skills and theory taught in previous three semesters.
Work Integrated Learning
Placement and Internship