Physiotherapy Across the Lifespan PG (11551.1)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Angie FEARON (Ph: +61 2 62068717 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198520) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on developing physiotherapy skills in specific populations, including paediatrics and aged care.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the typical developmental changes (and variations) that occur from infancy, through to adulthood and older age, in the neurological, musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary systems;
2. Develop strategies to effectively assess children and adults with dysfunction of neurological, musculoskeletal and cardiopulmonary systems;
3. Demonstrate the ability to synthesise and implement specific age-appropriate physiotherapy interventions specific to an individual's needs at all stages of life using appropriate outcome measures; and
4. Distinguish and analyse the complexities of the causes of disability associated with ageing.
Three hours of lectures and three hours of tutorials on campus per week.
6455 Cardiothoracic Interventions 2 AND
6452 Neurological Interventions 1 AND
6453 Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 AND
9594 Epidemiology and Principles of Research
6456 Neurological Interventions 2
Prior knowledge of relevant musculoskeletal, cardiorespiratory, and neurological physiotherapy units as per the prerequisite units listed.
11539 Physiotherapy Across the Lifespan