Clinical Physiotherapy 3 (11542.1)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Winter Term DR Irmina NAHON (Ph: +61 2 62012161 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2021, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (203525) - View
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (203088) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit involves clinical placement which will give students the opportunity to build on their previous clinical experience, and demonstrate increasing competency in the generic skills and attributes of physiotherapy professionals as well as the specific clinical skills across the core areas of physiotherapy in managing clients across the lifespan in a range of environments and settings. Students will apply the theory, understanding and skills of the past years study to the clinical practice of physiotherapy. Students will be placed in clinical environments, including but not limited to public, private, acute care, rehabilitation or community health care settings. Students will be moving towards more independent clinical practice, and more independent management of a caseload, while still under close supervision.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate consistent professional behaviour, including understanding of patients' rights, good teamwork and commitment to learning;
2. Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in the clinical context demonstrating increasingly proficient skills in clinical communication;
3. Perform a comprehensive clinical assessment using appropriate and valid tools with developing independence;
4. Analyse assessment findings to identify the patient's problems in context of current research, and to set treatment goals targeting both primary and secondary problems amenable to physiotherapy;
5. Select and apply effective treatment based on patient goals, including appropriate interventions for secondary problems;
6. Demonstrate well-developed skills in the ability to reflect 'in practice' and 'on practice' and reflect on the learning journey;
7. Identify and minimise risks in the healthcare context; and
8. Think critically and demonstrate well-developed insight into decisions in health care systems from an ethical, resource, and scientific perspective.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2021
Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
Clinical placement in a health care setting - 187.5 hours.
11536 Clinical Physiotherapy 1 OR 11537 Clinical Physiotherapy 2
Enrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy
All physiotherapy skills and theory taught in 1-3rd year.
Work Integrated Learning
Placement and Internship