Clinical Physiotherapy 2 (11537.1)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Irmina NAHON (Ph: +61 2 62012161 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198472) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit involves clinical placement which will give students the opportunity to build on their previous clinical experience, and continue to learn and demonstrate competency in the generic skills and attributes of physiotherapy professionals as well as the specific clinical skills across the core areas of physiotherapy in managing clients across the lifespan in a range of environments and settings. Students will apply the theory, understanding and skills of the past years study to the clinical practice of physiotherapy. Students will be placed in clinical environments, including but not limited to public, private, acute care, rehabilitation or community health care settings. Students will be moving towards more independent clinical practice, while still under close supervision.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate consistent professional behaviour, including understanding of patients' rights, good teamwork and commitment to learning;
2. Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in the clinical context demonstrating consolidating skills in clinical communication;
3. Perform a simple clinical assessment using appropriate and valid tools with developing independence;
4. Analyse assessment findings to identify the patient's main problem in context of current research, and to set basic treatment goals; begin to acknowledge secondary problems amenable to physiotherapy;
5. Select and apply effective treatment based on patient goals based on the patient's main problem; begin to consider appropriate interventions for secondary problems;
6. Demonstrate consolidating skills in the ability to reflect 'in practice' and 'on practice' and reflect on the learning journey;
7. Identify and minimise risks in the healthcare context; and
8. Begin to think critically and demonstrate consolidating insight into decisions in health care systems from an ethical, resource, and scientific perspective.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2020