Information Sciences Internship (Extended) PG (11531.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 1 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Kumudu MUNASINGHE (Ph: +61 2 62012926 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198345) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (192370) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit bridges and extends the classroom knowledge and the real working environments. It provides an extended intensive period where a realistic and comprehensive understanding of the complexity of professional settings can be experienced. Students are required to extend their engagement in everyday workplace activity where they can examine theories and practices, and refine their own developing understanding of professional practice. The internship extension is a tangible link between the university and the workplace and benefits graduate employability.
This unit is co-taught with 10152 Information Sciences Internship (Extended) (UG).
On successful completion of the unit, students should be able to:
1. Assess the use of enhanced skills and knowledge through engagement in the workplace;
2. Develop communication skills to present a clear and coherent exposition of knowledge and ideas to colleagues;
3. Demonstrate engagement with authentic professional work problem solving;
4. Analyse and critically reflect upon and evaluate work practices, standards and cultures; and
5. Evaluate their own development towards graduate capability.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019